Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Powell Endorses Obama

Here is an excellent interview with Colin Powell, concerning his decision to endorse Sen. Obama. While I don't agree with his choice, I think that the concerns he has about the state of the Republican party are legitimate, and it is rare to hear something expressed in clear and civilised manner in today's media. If you look at his reasons for supporting Obama, which he cites briefly at the end, you will find a summary of what most people say about the senator: he can inspire people. Powell says that Obama is a "transformational figure." Only time will tell exactly how our country and the rest of the world is transformed under Obama's administration. (It seems extremely likely that Obama will win, thus I am using language which implies that this is indeed the case.)

Powell interview on Meet the Press

As for my own vote, it will not be cast for Obama. I only need one reason, and that is abortion. I don't like Obama's economics, or some of his policies concerning government programs and spending, but even if I did agree, I would not vote for him. He is radically pro-infanticide, and that is the only reason I need to vote against him.

No comments:

Post a Comment