Monday, October 13, 2008

Straight out of Akron

I think the Black Keys may have just claimed the title as my favourite band. Out of all the bands I listen to, they have a near perfect balance of talent, musical continuity, and innovation. They are able to incorporate a healthy dose of the blues/soul tradition into their music, while still retaining the ability to create something new. Plus, they put on a great show, and I can say from personal experience that they are pretty nice guys. I really urge anyone who is remotely interested in quality rock music to seriously take a look at this band. The only thing I don't like is my continuing inability to play their entire catalogue note for note. I'm working on it.

2 comments:

  1. The drummer looks kind of like you. I mean, he has similar facial qualities

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what you mean, but ok, haha.

    ReplyDelete