Monday, March 30, 2009

There are a lot of people out there who would label classical Christian education as "indoctrination." The way they see it, teachers like the men and women who taught me aren't letting their students think. They are instead implanting narrow ways of thinking, governed solely by religious agenda, into their pupils' minds. Homeschooling comes under attack quite frequently, and prominent classical educators, such as Dr. George Grant, are often demonized as radical conservative Christian brainwashers. I have this to say. If the government begins arresting teachers for such "indoctrination," they are going to have to drag me by my feet out of the classroom. That's all there is to it. I am a slave to the Gospel, one of many, and Yahweh is my master.

"There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death." - Provebs 16:25

1 comment: