Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Muir: It's like a swamp, only for English majors.

Blog blog bloggity blog.

The lightbulb in my room burned out last night. Rather than go through the effort of replacing it, I simply ran downstairs and got a candle. I can't decide if that's lazy or not.

For any Mac users reading, there's a really awesome launcher that I downloaded: Quicksilver. If you like being able to search your files, launch apps, or do pretty much anything on your Mac without a single mouse click, then check this out. It takes some getting used to, but it's pretty nifty.

I've bought another album by Say Hi To Your Mom, and I'm enjoying it. I've got three of their albums, and each one has some really great songs. I'll work my way through the entire catalogue, I'm sure. Another sort of interesting band is the Dead Weather. I'm a bit apprehensive about this one, since it's another of Jack White's non-White Stripes bands. There's a female singer this time, which is something new. I sort of wish Jack would step back and let someone else take control, since the Raconteurs has sort of become "Jack White's Other Band." I mean, there are definitely contributions being made from the other members, but it can't be denied that Jack's musical vision takes center stage. Hopefully this new project will shake things up a bit. OR... Radical idea here... the White Stripes could finish that tour they cancelled! GASP.

Time for some R.L. Burnside.

No comments:

Post a Comment