Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What I Have Been Doing

So, the Summer of Dre drags on. And on. And on. In fact, if there's much more dragging, I'm going to have a very serious rug burn. But no matter. I shall continue in the next paragraph.

Ah, here we are. I'll now discuss some things that I have been up to this summer.

I. Being In Britain. I actually still need to post the transcript of my travel journal. I'll get that up tomorrow.

II. Not Being In Britain. As I expected, upon my return from the Isles, things went back to normal, and the good times ceased to roll, as it were. AND IT GOT REALLY, REALLY HOT. But, it's cool, I began the summer with a bang, and one cannot expect to have such excitement(or 60° weather) on a day-to-day basis. Woooooo.

III. Photography. I've been playing around with my F5 a lot. I really love that camera. Sad thing is, I can't find a photolab that does a really good job. Walgreens and CVS do all right, but their negative scans are at low resolution and cost way too much. Regardless, I'm improving my skills, and I've found a C-41 film that I really like, so it's all good.

IV. Watching Fresh Prince Late At Night With The Lad.

V. Writing. I've been working on some material for a church history study I'll be doing next semester. It's been good so far. I've still got a lot left to do, but I'm off to a good start. I'll probably talk about this more as things progress.

VI. Doing pushups. 100 per day. Wooo.

VI. Sleeping.

VII. Listening To Morrissey. I do this a lot. Whenever I get into my car, I usually pick either Morrissey or Say Hi, so it's a good bet that in the course of a typical day, I've listened to Morrissey at least once. Anyways, I really like Morrissey. Yep. It's good.

VIII. Making Espresso. Apparently, my cappuccinos aren't as terrible as I thought. Meh, who knew?

IX. Cooking Breakfast. I've gotten rather good at eggs. They're tasty, and they've got loads of protein. Yessssss.

X. Not Smoking My Pipe. It's too freaking hot. Unless I want to go outside to smoke at 2 AM. Which I have done. BUT STILL. TOO HOT.

So that's pretty much what I've been doing. The Summer of Dre drags on.

2 comments: