Saturday, August 2, 2008

"I think, therefore I am... but I Kant!"

Well, I've finally gotten my hands on my class schedule for next semester. My scholastic activities are as follows: World Civilisations Since 1500, College Writing, Latin I, Intro to Islam, and finally, my first year seminar. I'm looking forward to Latin I, especially. I'm glad that they've given me some classes that will actually go towards my degree, instead of boring freshman classes. More details as they come along.

On another note, I bought a copy of a book by Immanuel Kant, a prominent Enlightenment philosopher. I'm looking forward to engaging Kant and examining what he has to say, even though I am sure he and I will be at odds with each other. I also got The God Delusion, by Richard Dawkins. This is a rather popular book by a modern day atheist, and I'll be anticipating tackling this as well. I'm sure I'll have more to offer on this topic once I've started reading.

4 comments:

  1. So, how go the books?

    p.s. this is actually Christy but it'd take a while to log out my step mom log in me then log her back on....sorry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I haven't been able to start reading them, but I hope to begin soon... I shall post about them once I am underway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know if you can understand Kant in the original language and if you can read more than one chapter of Dawkins w/out feeling like you need to take a bath :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed. I'm expecting to cringe at much of what they have to say, but I think I'll gain something from it...

    ReplyDelete