Monday, April 27, 2009

"Give us those nice bright colours..."

I've finally ventured into the realm of film photography. My weapon of choice is the Nikon F5:

This camera is really awesome. The autofocus is insanely fast, the body has the durability of an ironclad war-elephant, and the shutter speeds are, like the autofocus, ridiculously speedy. It makes my D60 seem like a toy, it really does. I can honestly say that despite the slight inconvenience of developing film, I'd much rather pick up my F5 and shoot with that as opposed to my D60. The glass I've got on the F5 is a Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D, which is a really great budget prime lens:

It does a good job in lower light conditions and gives me a lot more breathing room when it comes to shutter speeds. Also, the depth of focus is incredible. Shooting wide open at f/1.8, the background is completely blurred, leaving only the subject in focus. Really great stuff. I've already shot one roll of Fujichrome Velvia 100(Not Paul Simon material, apparently):

I'm going to get it developed tomorrow, so we'll see how it turns out. I'll have a digital CD made along with the prints, so I'll be sure to post the photos on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment