Monday, April 6, 2009

Smoking a pipe, the Scotsman's way.

Today was National Tartan Day, and I decided to celebrate with smoke. Earlier this afternoon, I went to my tobacconist and purchased a tin of Presbyterian, as seen here:

(Click to enlarge)


Seeing as I am a faithful Scots Presbyterian(albeit somewhat removed), I thought this would be a fitting way to mark the day. Upon opening the tin, I noticed that the smell was rather like the Windsor, but not quite so strong. Still savoury, since it is an English blend, but a tad more fruit-like than Windsor.



The tobacco packed easily and smoked well, despite the fact that today was rather windy. The smoke was good, I enjoyed it. The flavour wasn't anything mindblowing, but it seems like a solid everyday sort of tobacco, good for a walk, a talk, or a read. Vincent's Torment is still my favourite. It's smooth and burns incredibly well. However, I have a feeling that Presbyterian will definitely be showing up quite often in my tobacco rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment