Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hail Blog, King of Bashan

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeeeeaaaah.

Anyways, hullo. I am currently preparing for my trip to the UK, which begins on June 2nd. Pretty awesome. I should probably be packing right now. Nah.

On a completely unrelated note, Ashton Kutcher will never be taken seriously. Ever. I cannot look at him without seeing one word blatantly plastered across his face: Kelso.

I've found a new band. Actually, it's not exactly a band. It's one of those deals where it's really only one guy who does the music and the recording, but he tours with some people who play all the instruments. Anyways, it's called Say Hi. It used to be called Say Hi To Your Mom, but the opportunity for "your mom" jokes must have been too tempting for some people, and the dude probably got pissed off and just changed the name. Something like that. I dunno. The sound is basically what you'd get if you took the Strokes, Death Cab For Cutie, and Conor Oberst, put them in a blender, pressed the "liquefy" button, and poured the resulting concoction into a frosty glass. The music is indie pop/rock of a pretty chill sort. Nothing completely mind-blowing, but it's nice to find some indie music that isn't overly angsty, doesn't take itself too seriously, and it's written by some guy wearing skinny jeans and a flamboyantly ridiculous tie. It's catchy, fun to listen to, and talks about cool stuff like vampires and robots and things. What's not to like?

YEEEEEAAAAAAH

2 comments:

  1. I listened to Say Hi to Your Mom, and loved it. Good find. I'm jealous of your trip, and I completely agree: Kutcher=Kelso. I can't wait until he's old...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! The albums that I have are "Impeccable Blahs" and "Oohs and Aahs," which are both pretty good.

    I dunno... I think an old Ashton would be too much. Sounds kind of scary. He'll be punking people when he's 40. Yeeeeaaah.

    ReplyDelete