Sunday, May 31, 2009

"He is on the hunt."

Ok, so I'm usually not into the 80's style of music, and I haven't been all that attracted to the Smiths in the past, but I thought I'd check out some music by Morrissey, the singer from the Smiths, who went on to pursue a solo career. So far, it's been interesting. I'm listening to his first solo album, Viva Hate. The one thing I like about him is that he isn't afraid to use ALL of his voice. He really sings, and sings pretty well. A lot of singers(and I use that term loosely) don't actually tap into the full potential of the human voice, which is just stupid. Morrissey actually sings in a way that sounds full and expansive, which is rare, at least, in my experience. Interesting stuff. Not exactly my usual fare, but a change of pace is always nice.

I've been playing around with my grandfather's old Yashica rangefinder camera, a Yashica Electro 35. I'm not used to the way rangefinders focus, so it's a little different, but I kind of like it. The lens does pretty well indoors, and can take good exposures(at least, according to the meter) without a flash. It's a really fun camera, and I'm glad I've been able to mess around with it a bit.

Leaving for Britain on Tuesday, more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment