Sunday, June 15, 2008

An example of colour correction

Since this seems to be a topic of interest, I thought I'd post an example of some colour correction that I was working with earlier. I am by no means proficient at this, seeing as photo correction is almost an art form all by itself, but I was able to drastically improve one of my pictures in a few minutes. Here's the original photograph:


And here's the image post-adjustment:


The colours are a whole lot better in the second image, and it's closer to the tones that you'd actually see in real life. Since cameras can't always get colours 100% correctly, colour adjustment is one way to make your images look a lot better. Hopefully, I'll get better at this, I'm sure I could've done a much better job.

2 comments:

  1. Well, it's better than the windmill picture. You've improved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, well, colour correction and HDR are two very different things, so the two aren't comparable, but I'm glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete