Thursday, June 12, 2008

"Some kind of employment..."

Well, good news. I have at last procured a job. It took me long enough. I'll be doing more or less the same sort of work I was before, bussing, running and the like. I might also get the chance to do some hosting as well, so that might be cool. The work atmosphere seems relatively laid-back and relaxed, so hopefully it won't be overly stressful. Also, the manager I spoke with seems willing to work with my schedule for the show, so that's a plus, too. I'm scheduled to go in for orientation next Wednesday, so I'll probably have more information then. I've got to get certified by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission, but that shouldn't be too much trouble, since I can get it done online. More details as things develop. I'm just glad to be employed again...



5 comments:

  1. My thoughts exactly, haha. I'm pretty happy about it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huzzah!! Glad it turned out well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, my sister was wondering what all the Latin in your blog title and address means in English. Frankly, I'm wondering too. You didn't mention it in any of your first posts so our curiosity has finally reached a peak. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, sure. The title, "Fac ut vivas," means(loosely), "Get a life." The latin in my URL, "Age, fac ut gaudeam," refers to a quote from Dirty Harry(see my first post), and means, "Go ahead. Make my day."

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete