Sunday, June 1, 2008

"We don't got the news..."

It occurred to me just now that I don't pay enough attention to the news. Being the quasi-intelligent, contemplative man that I am, I should probably be more informed about the world at large. The selection of new downloads on the Apple website does not really count as news, I've found.

I found something that could come in handy. After reading Cassidy's article in "This Week" at church, I decided it might be useful to have a copy of the Book of Common Prayer. So, I went and I found a PDF version of the 1662 edition of the BCP. To a history buff such as myself, this was a pretty cool find. It can be found here, simply click on the picture to the right to download. The psalms are divided up quite nicely into morning and evening prayer, so perhaps this will serve as a vehicle for a more prayerful existence. Everyone could stand to pray more, right?

I've resolved to start using my Moleskine again. It fell into deep disuse when my schedule all but disappeared after the first semester of the school year. But now with rehearsals and such for the musical, it may become necessary to impose order once again. Besides, if/when I start working(the future of Andrew as a working man is still very much in doubt, much to my chagrin), I'll need to coordinate shifts and such, so it will perhaps become more useful. Not to mention next semester. I am sure I'll be kept busy at university, a concept which makes me tired at the mere thought. 

My YouTube video on English Accents keeps getting more and more views. It was at 443 last time I checked. That's the most views I've ever gotten on anything, so that's cool, I guess. According to YouTube demographics, the viewership of that video is 68% female. It's gotta be the hat.

5 comments:

  1. What's a "moleskine"? And what university are you going to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a type of day planner that I use(d). I'll be at Southwestern University...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the same online BCP I use to help us divide psalms for use in the bulletin!
    Today I heard (on the radio)a lament about how most Americans gravitate to the most easily available "news" and don't have the attention span to digest much beyond what's in "bullet point" form online, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad isn't it. I should work to sharpen my news digging skills. My Dad's pretty good at it so I have a great teacher available!

    ReplyDelete