Sunday, September 13, 2009

Scotland, I will buy your wares.

The Scots are taking the Lockerbie Bomber issue way too seriously, if you ask me. Harris Tweed, one of Scotland's leading tweed manufacturers, has actually decided to alter their advertising for fear that al-Megrahi's release would somehow poison American buyers against Scottish products. Now, of course there are idiots out there who would refuse to buy Scottish, I mean, let's all recall the "freedom fries" incident. That was pretty stupid. The Scots didn't do anything to hurt us, everyone, just chill out. People emailed Walker's Shortbread, expressing their anger and displeasure. Walker's. Freaking. Shortbread. Really? "Well, your government released a prisoner that I don't like, so, as an act of protest, I refuse to buy your cookies." Hey, it's your loss, those things are unbelievably tasty. More for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment