Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Photographs...

I just thought I'd share a couple photos which I was recently able to retrieve off of my PDA. This first one is a photo I took in downtown New York. I saw a building with the number 1251 on it, and "12:51" is one of my favourite songs by the Strokes, who are from New York. It just seemed like a good idea.


The next one is a picture taken from the top of Table Mountain in Cape Town, South Africa.  


These pictures may not be terribly interesting(especially that first one), but I hadn't looked at them in a while and felt like posting them somewhere, so... whaddaya gonna do? Just call it a photo blog post and have done with it, eh?

Here's something which also may/may not interest you. If you read my previous post, then you know that I am currently reading "Angels in the Architecture" by Jones and Wilson. This is an excerpt from my reading journal, written after reading a chapter of this book. It's not especially deep, but it may interest you.

There is one aspect of Christianity that the modern mind will often skim over.  Actually, not one aspect, but many aspects.  Many fail to grasp the concept that the Christian religion is truly all-encompassing in its scope.  Religion isn’t even the right word for it, it’s better and more simply described as life.  Many times, the out-workings of our faith are simply passed over or ignored in our lives.  Douglas Jones reminds us that “such a fleshing out of the Christian gospel is terribly central for day-to-day Christian living.  Nothing should hold our attention more.  Nothing is more practical.”  A practical gospel?  GASP.  Are you sure?  Indeed, mere religion doesn’t cover it, or, if you’d rather adopt a phrase from Lewis, mere Christianity.  The height and breadth of the Christian gospel are too often unexplored and the richness of its out-workings are sometimes ignored by its most ardent advocates.  “We lead half-lives and die with less.  God has given us so much more, and we slight Him in our meager living.”  (p. 17-24)

My, I think that is enough blogging for one night.

No comments:

Post a Comment